Snickerdoodles have to be my favorite cookie. As much as I like a freshly baked oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie, I always get tired of them and move on. This is not the case with snickerdoodles. I could eat tons and tons of these, and when I made this recipe, I basically did. Don't tell. Here's the recipe.
This recipe is from adapted from here.
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
5. Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
6. Meanwhile, mix some sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Or use already mixed cinnamon sugar.
7. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
8. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
9. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
Now this recipe has it yields 24 cookies. I had tons! Much more than 24 so if you are worried about eating the whole batch, be prepared!
So good... I dare you not to make these.