With all this felt that I have laying around, I wanted to put together some quick and simple ornaments with our monograms on them. I wanted them to be Christmas colored, but also stand out from the green tree so I grabbed some pea-soup green and red felt and some red embroidery floss and put these ornaments together while I was watching TV. Here's what I did...
1. Cut two same-sized circles out of felt.
2. Cut the letter out of felt. I just looked at the font on my computer and drew out a match, but you could also print it out and create a stencil. Whatever is easiest for you.
3. Hot glue to one of the circles. You could also run this through the sewing machine, which I would have done if I kept my machine readily available.
4. Hot glue ribbon or yarn to the inside of the back circle. Not the circle you just glued the letter to.
5. Using a blanket stitch, sew all the way around the circle until the stitch is connected. A blanket stitch is pretty simple, but sometimes mine still looks a little funky. Here is a really bland, yet helpful, youtube video on the blanket stitch.
6. Hang on tree and admire.
I love how simple and graphic they are. I plan on making a set for our friends as a hostess gift!