Life is a funny thing. It's up and down and all over the place. Just when you think things are going in the direction you predicted, the driver takes a hard right and throws you up against the car door. But that's how it goes and we all bounce back, even when it feels like we might not make it. That all sounds very cryptic. Sorry about this.
When you're reading this I'll be finishing a mini vacation with some friends down the shore. I have a feeling that's going to do a lot for my mindset. Reminding myself: Happiness is a choice. <3
Here's some bits from the internet I'm into:
- Don't Drink and Buy: just some stories of goofy stuff people order online when they're drunk. I'm glad this isn't a habit of mine, but still made me laugh quite a bit.
- I'm thinking it's time for another pair of BonLook glasses, because three pairs just isn't enough. And these are pink!
- Had an odd moment this week where I was reading this beautiful piece, When I'm Gone, at work and crying the day after I watched The (Dead Mothers) Club on HBO Now and sobbed at home on the sofa. Having a week where I'm feeling all the feels.
- Design*Sponge is running an essay contest with the theme "home." I especially loved this piece. And the winner was just simply gorgeous.
- Just ordered a new engineer print for my dining room that I'm stoked about.
- This hat brat post made me excited about transitioning my hats into fall. I always think of them as a summer accessory.
- Really trying to embody this Mindy Kaling quote: