It's full-on winter weather over here in Pennsylvania. Sweaters are out. Hats are being worn. New winter coat was purchased. Apple cider is constantly on the stovetop. Bubble baths are being run weekly. I'm happy to report that I finally feel like I'm back to the happy, confident person that I was lacking in the past couple of weeks. **Insert celebration confetti emoji** And here's what I've been reading recently:
- The Point of Being Single is to Not Look for Love. "If you're going to be single, do it right. If you're going to stand alone when everyone is telling you to couple down, stand tall. Be f*cking single. Rock the single life. Become the person you were meant to be. Show, by example, that you're single by choice, not by accident." THIS IS SO SPOT ON.
- On Kindness. My Mother is Sick. A beautiful piece on choosing to be kind. This made me quite teary eyed and I loved it.
- The 5 Most Important Lessons We Learn When We're Single. Each of these lessons are things I've thought myself and try to focus on every day of my life. So important for a peaceful sense of self.
- Elle Magazine talks to the costume designers who decided on Margot Tenenbaum's mink coat from The Royal Tenenbaums and Penny Lane's shearling coat from Almost Famous. So interesting!
- Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down to 2 Basic Traits. Are we masters or disasters? Things to keep in mind for the future.
- A Crafty Thanksgiving. My Anthropology-Inspired Painted Candleholders were including in this wonderful little roundup. Feeling grateful to be included with such accomplished peers.
- Steve Carell Loves 'Shake It Off' and Doesn't Care Who Knows It. This made my day. I love how the interviewer is taken aback by the way Steve Carell breaks out singing. He's the best.
- Women Don't Have to Call Themselves Feminists. "Don't be afraid to call yourself a feminist," we should say, "But don't feel that you have to, either. Because unlike the rest of the world, we are not going to expect you to fulfill a role that you are not comfortable with. We are here to judge you on your actions, because that's what we all deserve." An Interesting article on feminism.