It's Sunday. I hope your nursing a hangover that's not too terrible. Or having brunch somewhere with a close friend. Maybe you're still in bed, reading this from an iPad. Or drinking tea and catching up on episodes of the Tonight Show. I approve of all of these things, and hope you are celebrating Sunday mornings as they should be celebrated. Here's what's been floating around in my head recently.
- How to Feel Confident in Two Minutes includes an overview of a fabulous TED Talk by social psychologist and Harvard associate professor Amy Cuddy. You should watch it and feel inspired to be a strong, confident lady. It really is empowering.
- When a Crush is Enough: "You check your hair game, internet presence, record collection, and accomplishments to convince yourself that this person might be impressed with you; and, by taking inventory of your own radness, you remind yourself what a baller you are."
- One of my favorite bloggers, Elise Blaha, is detailing her Business Story in several posts on her blog. I'm obsessed and love reading about her process and story.
- Binging my way through the first three episodes of Serial, and I pretty much love it.
- Joy the Baker's new book, Homemade Decadence, is out and I'm anxious to get my hands on this (I've asked for it for Christmas.) Look at that cake!
- I've watched this 11-year-old girl dance to All About That Bass about a million times. So completely impressed and jealous.
- Feeling pretty good about the amount of these 30 Things Every Independent Woman Should Have In Her Life I have going on in my life. Surely not all of them, but most of them.
- These Little Girls Dropping the F-Bomb To Promote Feminism are both adorable and completely amazing. I can only hope if I ever have children, they are as amazingly sassy as these little ladies.