Sundays tend to be my favorite days. You get to send texts to your friends about whatever ensued the night before and laugh. There's brunch to be had. Movies to watch. Bras to be taken off. Relaxing to do. Sometimes there's family dinners to eat. There's always cups of tea to drink. I'm not ready to give up on this summer just quite yet. I'm holding on to every sandal-wearing-minute of this summer and not quite ready to dive into pumpkin-and-cinnamon-everything-please fall. As I begin to (begrudgingly) transition my brain into fall mood, here's some bits of the internet that I'm loving right now. Feeling rather inspired.
- 20 Things Your 20s Are Too Damn Short For. With the major changes in my life and a lot of thinking towards the further bubbling around in my brain, these seem so relevant to my life right now. A great reminder that I don't need to have my entire life together, and to not let others get you down.
- Jimmy Fallon, Meghan Trainor & The Roots Sing "All About That Bass" includes so many of my favorite things. In general, this song is on a daily rotation in my car.
- Discovered Lisa Eldridge's Blog and YouTube channel and I'm hooked. Love this tutorials for Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, and Tippi Hedren's iconic looks.
- 10 Smart Moves Every Twentysomething Should Make. Tons of takeaways, but this: "Our biggest learning task in life is learning who we are."
- After watching the Kickerstarter campaign video for Dream, Girl, I'm thrilled this is being made. The world needs more reminders of the power of woman.
- Frances Ha. My coworker (and "work mom") recommended this movie to me and I've never felt like I related so much to fictional character as much as Frances. She's awkward and just trying to figure out her life. That's my life right now. It's lovely and on Netflix!
- Watch Amy Poehler Perfectly Take Down Male Privilege in One Minute. Another reason to love Amy Poehler. She's just fabulous in every way.
- If Guy Best Friends Acted Like Girl Best Friends. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've said many of these things to several of my close lady friends. This is really almost spot on.