Since Labor Day was last weekend, I thought I would sit down and write a little bit about this summer and what I knocked off my Summer Bucket List, which can be found here!
Even now that I'm an adult, summer feels special to me. It's a time to take it a little easier, make time for relaxing, make plans with friends and family, and take time for some self care. Maybe it's because I work at a college where summers are a lot less hectic and busy, or maybe it's just because I try really hard to take advantage of the warm weather but summer continues to be very special to me. And this summer was pretty darn special. I almost crossed off everything on my bucket list (!!!) so I wanted to share some of those things with you all today.
1. Go Camping: This was an easy one since G and I already had our trip to Central and Western New York to visit his family and friends already planned out when I made this Bucket List. But camping is one of my favorite things that I don't do often enough. We spent two nights camping during that trip and got to do all the camping necessities: put up our tent, cooked over a fire, made s'mores (which was also #6 on the Bucket List), woke up smelling like campfire, all the lovely things. I shared more about our trip here.
2. Make Popsicles: Well, you all know I conquered this one! At the beginning of the summer I purchased this popsicle maker and I love it. Easy to use, easy to clean. If you missed it, I shared these Peaches and Cream Breakfast Popsicles and Funfetti Cake Batter Popsicles.
3. Drink More Water: Even though I still feel like I have a long way to go with this one, I do feel like I've been drinking more water daily. I even bought two new water bottles! More than keeping up with drinking more water, I can actually notice a difference in my body and brain when I'm dehydrated, which wasn't something I could even notice before. Crazy right? Yeah, I think I'm just used to functioning in a dehydrated state so it's nice to quench that.
4. Take More Photos With My Instax: I feel like I made some headway on this one too! Though I still feel like I carry this camera around wayyyy too much for how few photos I have, I do have some great memories captured on film that I really adore. Can't wait to keep using this into the Fall.
5. Purge My House: I did a small purge in the middle of the summer, but I'm excited to really go through my house with an iron fist in the next couple of months. So I feel like I kind of checked this box, but excited to really see a significant difference in my house soon.
6. Make S'more: Happy to say we took care of this during our camping trip and I think also down the shore. Check out #1.
7. Dress Up More: I feel a little like I should explain that for me, this goal didn't mean wearing anything specific. I wasn't looking to wear more dresses or skirts or have my hair done more. It's more that I own a good amount of clothes and I tend to get in ruts with them. Add to that the fact that it's been VERY hot and humid this summer and I feel like I can't be bothered putting on decent makeup or wearing anything more than a airy tank top and flip flops. BUT I made a conscious effort to mix and match my wardrobe, only buy pieces that I really put some thought into and really wanted, and felt good about my outfits and looks most of the summer. Three cheers for feeling good!
8. Find A New Farmer's Market: This actually happened even though I wasn't trying very hard! I had been to a few around me that weren't really doing it for me. Only a few vendors. All selling the same handful of things. But then I stubbed upon a market by G's house in West Philly, which is just lovely! It's not huge, just one side of a park, but a variety of vendors selling meat, vegetables, fruits, honey, and beautiful FLOWERS. Can't wait to go back a few more times.
9. Swim in a Swimming Hole: This is one of my favorite summer memories. While on our trip, we found a small waterfall and got to spend some time splashing around in the water, floating on the donut, and just being happy. While on this trip, we also swam in two pool-like swimming holes as well.
10. Go Ziplining: This is the only thing I didn't even remotely do. We tried to plan this a handful of times, but either our friends weren't available or the weather wasn't cooperating or it was just a bad weekend. Oh well! I'm sure the opportunity will arise someday.
And that's it! I feel like 9 out of 10 isn't too bad! One of the most important things I did this summer was eat more ice cream and frozen treats than I every had in one summer. If you've been following me on Instagram, I'm sure you've seen my addiction, which I don't plan on stopping come Fall. Though I love summer, I must confess I'm looking forward to the change of seasons and the crispness in the air that Fall brings. I'm not rushing it, I'm just excited for the change.