Hey Hi Hello! I returned last weekend from Miami Beach, packed my shorts and sandals back under my bed, put on my boots and drug myself into work every day this week in the 40 degree temperatures. I don't usually travel during the winter months and it was down right HARD to get back into the swing of things. But I did unpack my suitcase last night and it only took me 5 days (I'm writing this on a Friday) so that feels like a tiny win. Anyone else just dread unpacking a suitcase??
But Miami was a wonderful vacation. The weather was lovely, we ate some great food, went to the beach, I drank some pina coladas, and the whole trip was one of the most affordable trips I've ever been on! I'm torn on if I want to share some photos and information on the places we went, things we did, restaurants we enjoyed. I'm in no way an expert, but I also couldn't find a ton of guides online that were up my alley. Let me know if you'd like to see my recommendations in a upcoming post! But I'm back to real life now and thought I'd share some of my favorite things.
Here are some things I've been loving recently:
1. I'm now on my third month of Studio DIY's Can't Clutch This clutch subscription box and I'm still totally and utterly in love with them. I'm sure at some point I'll have too many clutch bags, but as of now it's still such a fun surprise to look forward to every week. Added bonus, I get more compliments on these bags than any other bag I've ever used. And the quality has been wonderful as well.
2. I've recently found and am loving several new beauty products. I know you are probably here to hear about butter and sugar and cocktails, so I'll just list the products that I'm loving. If you want to hear about anything in particular, feel free to ask me in the comments and I'm tell you more about this things! Herbivore Botanicals DETOX Bath Salts, Real Techniques Setting Brush, Sonia Kashuk Blending Brush, Anastasia Beverly Hills Caramel Eye Shadow, Kevyn Aucoin Contour Duo On The Go, Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanser, Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Birthday Suit (I have mini), NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague, Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo Mini, Essie Gel Couture Nail Polishes, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Paaarty, and Glossier Boy Brow in Brown.
3. New routines! I've been attempting to read more and make my way through a handful of books that have been lying around the house unread for a while now. Because G gets up for work early and I need like 10 hours of sleep at night to function, we tend to be in bed by 10PM during the week. So I've been trying a new routine of going to bed around 10 and then reading until about 10:30. Not a ton of time, but it gets me off Instagram and clears my head a bit more. I'm currently reading Mary Roach's Stiff
4. I was given an oil diffuser for my birthday, which turns out to be a gift I didn't know I wanted and needed! I have a handful of friends who swear by essential oils but they've never really worked for me personally. But I love having the relaxing scents going in my house at night. I have one of these and I love it!
5. We booked our hotel in Miami with the Hotel Tonight app. With this app, you can book last-minute hotel rooms (up to a week before check-in) and get some really great deals. This was my second time using it and I definitely plan on using it for some smaller trips we have planned this year. After looking at all kinds of discount travel sites, this still gave us the best price.