Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you're reading this post-brunch. I hope you rolled out of bed at noon, threw on some pants and a little mascara, and crawled yourself someplace great to eat french toast and bacon. Maybe a bloody mary too. And now you're back home and considering a nap on the sofa. Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day, so I'm forever grateful that brunch means I can eat my favorite things without having to get out of bed before 11am.
I've been house/petsitting this past week and as much as I love the change from my normal routine, I'm ready to be home with the kitties and making a mess in my own space. But changing up my life always leaves me with a jolt of creative energy that I'm thankful for. I've got a notebook full of things to concoct for you! In the meantime, here's some things from the Interweb:
- Filled under things I've baked and not photographed: I made these Cookie Butter Cookies for G for Valentine's Day and they turned out great. I undercooked mine a bit for a soft center. Everyone was happy.
- This Bon Appetite piece on the little bakery Smoke Signals inspire the hell out of me. Such beautiful pies!
- I found my dream boots and they have glitter and hologram stars and I NEED THEM RIGHT NOW.
- Currently obsessed with the new Sia album, This is Acting. It's for real bonkers good. Love that girl, and her wig.
- Glitter Guide recently included my Blood Orange Jalapeno Margaritas in a list for National Margarita Day. Felt pretty cool about that.
- I might actually stay in a house/apartment for more than a year (what?!?!), and I've been thinking about painting my downstairs white and maybe doing something fun on the back wall in my kitchen. Was already thinking temporary wallpaper would be fun and then I saw this, which I think maybe sealed the deal... It's so beautiful!
- Kevin Spacey on The Tonight Show really made me laugh. Everyone just seems like they are having such a good time together!
- Really getting a kick out of this Instagram account created by the fabulous Joy the Baker: Drake on Cake.
- I Found Love Because I Got Lucky, Not Because I Changed Myself: an interesting read about finding love and being single.