This past weekend marked 1 year in my house! Though I'm already thinking about where I want to maybe move next, it's SOOOO nice to not be focusing on packing and moving or spending money on moving. I get to take the summer to enjoy myself instead of unpacking boxes and putting together the inevitable ikea furniture. Also, this is the first photo I took in my house a year ago! <3
Next week G and I are headed to upstate New York for a camping trip and some time with his family. We have plans to find waterfalls and swimming holes. I have plans to eat greasy breakfast diner food and hunt down some ice cream parlors. Hoping to not get too many mosquito bites. I'll be hopefully knocking a few things off my Summer Bucket List. In the meantime, here's some things I've been loving lately:
- An acquaintance from high school started a fashion blog, Derek Du Jour, which is honestly incredible. So honest, inspiring, and interesting.
- I've fallen back in love with Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips. I took a little break from my Mon Cheri, but it is the most long-lasting liquid lipstick I've yet to find. Currently thinking I might need another shade, maybe Versailles?
- I paint my nails often to prevent myself from biting them. I love Essie polishes, but recently I've been really into these Gel Finish Polishes from Avon. I have a handful of colors and they just dry differently than my other polishes. They look shiny and really creamy on the nails. Though they don't last as long as an actual gel manicure, they last pretty decently for an at-home polish. I also didn't know they had so many new colors!
- I've been using the Qapital app to try and save some money and I find it extremely fun and rewarding. The app is designed well, pretty, and just works in the background of my life. I saved up for my scooter cover without even feeling like I was putting any money away! You set rules and it's very customizable. Also, if you use this link to sign up, we both get $5!
- I bought these Pylo bell bottoms a while ago and just got them tailored and LOVE them. These are some serious bells, my friend. The only bummer is that they only come in a 35" inseam, which is a little nutty to me. I'm 5'8" and usually wear 3inch heels and I still needed a good 3 inches tailored off. I believe they now make other bells with shorter inseams, but be warned with these. Also, their return shipping is free, but they only except things up to 14 days later.