Thanksgiving is over and I'm ready to be in full-blown Christmas mode. Christmas shopping has started. I'm itching to take my tiny pink Christmas tree out of the box. I want to look at Christmas lights and wander around Rittenhouse Park and look at the decorations.
This year I put together a few gift guides that focus on different things I love (and conveniently all begin with Bs): Booze, Beauty, and Baking. This week we're looking at gifts people the Booze-Lover or Party Host/Hostess in your life. I wanted these guides to focus on gifts under $35. Most of the items are very affordable and can be thought of as an add-on to a larger gift or something to stick with a gift card. Cheers!
- Brass-Dotted Barware. Gold and polka dots? Sign me up! Would be a sweet gift to add to a bottle of wine or a 6-pack of fancy beer.
- Belvoir Pressé Gift Set. All wrapped up and ready to go. This cute set would be a great gift for a party host/hostess during the holidays.
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherries. Great for someone who already has a bar cart set up. A way to gussy up an Old Fashioned.
- Colonial Spirits: A Toast to Our Drunken History. Written by Philadelphia's own Steven Grasse (Hendrick's Gin, Art in the Age, Tamworth Distilling), this book is great if you know someone who's interested in American history and the history of alcohol. An easy read, it's filled with historical recipes and tales of how booze built this country. Loved reading this book.
- Threshold Marble & Wood Coasters Set of 4. An easy gift for the person who has everything or is maybe hard to shop for. Simple, but really on-point design-wise.
- Hummingbird Glass Straws. An upgrade from the paper straw. These glass straws would be a great addition to a glassware set or a bottle of booze.
- Carry On Cocktail Kit: Champagne Cocktail. These cocktail kits are just so freaking adorable. A gift for the traveler.
- Real Dill Bloody Mary Mix. Sampled this at a recent Terrain event and it was mighty delicious. A quirky gift, but something fun for the bloody mary lover.
- Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker with Gold Finish. There's obviously a love of gold going on in this gift guide. A standard shaker with a golden finish. Maybe paired with that gold bare tool set? Or that muddler?
- Marble & Wood Muddler. I always like gifts that are something practical, but slightly upgraded or nicer than you would buy yourself. This muddler fits the bill.
- Carry On Cocktail Kit: Bloody Mary. Again, just too cute. Attach a liquor store gift card and you're good to go.
- Fee Brothers Bar Cocktail Bitters Set of 6. For someone who loves to experiment with cocktails at home.
- Disco Ball Tumbler. I feel like this tumbler was made for me. A really fun gift for someone who just screams fun and party. Or someone who spends a lot of time on the internet because these babies have been posted everywhere.
- Marble & Gold Barware Tool Set. For your friend who's just starting building a bar/ bar cart at home. This gold all-in-one kit is both functional and pretty.