Well, I was hoping to have a new recipe for you this week, but my weekend baking didn't work out this time around. I spent the morning making pie crust and popped it in the refrigerator to chill out for a little while. A few hours later I got to work on a filling, only to remember (after the fact) that I no longer own a pie pan. In an attempt to salvage things, I tried making some hand pies, but it just wasn't coming together. I ended up throwing my apple pie filling into a pan over the stove, heating it up, and eating it out of a bowl covered in ice cream and whipped cream. You win some, you lose some.
In other news: Abbey, who was sick all weekend and took a rather traumatic trip to the vet on Monday, seems to be on the mend and no longer throwing up or sick to her stomach. Thank goodness. AND I'm throwing a pumpkin carving party this weekend, which was one of my Fall Bucket List items! So all in all, it should be a good week!
Here's some things I've been LOVING lately:
- A friend of mine gave me a blender and I love it. I've never owned a blender that actually worked well, and I feel like I was this is a game changer. I've been making a ton of super-simple smoothies in the morning and I last week I made you this Pumpkin Pie Milkshake.
- I bought a PopSocket and it took me all of 5 minutes to decide I LOVE IT. It's such a silly thing, but it's so helpful for holding my phone. I've been using it now for a few weeks and can't go back.
- I used up the last of my body wash and decided I was going to take a break my favorite LUSH wash and pick up a big body of Dove. Later that day I found myself walking through Center City after two margaritas with a friend and stopped into LUSH and repurchased Olive Branch from LUSH. I have no self control around LUSH products...
- As someone who wishes she were a better cook, loved this article: Pro Tips: Ask A Butcher.
- I've been using Later as a way to schedule my Instagram posts and grow my audience for a few months now and I really love it. I used the free version for a little while and decided to "upgrade" to their next level. It's simple to use and really helps plan out my week and remind myself to post. There's a lot of different apps and services out there that help with Instagram scheduling and I've used a few others, but so far this is my fav.
Hopefully I'll be back in the kitchen this week with a new recipe and/or cocktail next week! <3